Learning $rask$ $3$ Analyze and solve
block model or by computation in solving tthhe is $foloswing$ $w0rd$ $problcm$ $oblcm$
your answer in your notebook. $problcm$ WUriste e
1. 10 flowers were picked form the $gardon$ 3 5 $of1t$ $wcrc$ $yc1low$ How
many are not yellow?
2. The special science class had their $2cFformnncd$ task in English. If the
teacher grouped the class into 7 pupils and 2 of it are boys, how
many are boys?
3) In the EDSA, there are billboards located every 1 1 is kilometers. There
are 14 billboards in the ESDA highway. How long the highway?
Always follow the steps in solving a word problem. The use block
model approach in solving problems involving fractions is an extension
of whole numbers. It helps to visualize and understand word problems on
Learning Task 4. Solve the given problems. $Nntc$ $y9$
your answer in your
1) The fish vendor sells 7 kilos of bangus $iorp72.50.1$ $y0uw11$ buy 2
kilos of bangus, how much will cost?
withdrew $p7.500iromhis$ ATM account. He spent o of the
2) Mr. Rivera
money for her daughter's educational trip in Manila and 10 of the re-
maining money on grocery. He spent the rest of money for 2 sacks of rice.
How much did he spend for each sack of rice,
3) Lira $l1a8$ $a$ $nowcrs$ 9 Of them are roses, and 37 . of the remainder are
sunflowers and the rest are tulips. If $slnc$ $ha5$ 36 tulips, how many sun-
flowers and roses does she have altogether?
4) Michelle $ya8$ $yisitcd$ $bync1$ classmates when she was sick. They give 2
$oforangc,3kiloso$ $11owmanykilos0$ lanzones, 4. kilo of chico and 4. kilo of
$ldlos$ $0$ $grapcs$ fruits were bought by her classmates?
bag in 3 2 hours. Edna can do the same
5.) $sc$ $inga$ $liot1r8$ How fast can Edna sew?
$Evacaninish$ $taskinon1y2$ $1$ $3$